3.26.2009

Truth is a prismatic illusion...


Le Smoking
Hello Darlings,
Sorry I have been so lazy lately - super crappy weather + busy schedule = very bad girl. Anyway, instead of being productive, I have been curled up reading Anais Nin - one of my all time favorite authors. Her way of expressing herself and conveying feelings/senses/people is unreal. I am currently reading Vol 2 of her Linette diaries (1920- 1923) and her novel Ladders to Fire - both fantastic. Ex: "When all around me is still I can hear my thoughts whisper to one another, laughing very sweetly, very softly at me" - 7/10/1920 and "Anguish was a voiceless woman screaming in a nightmare" - Ladders to Fire If you have never read anything by her, I definitely suggest it. For messy passion, read from her time with Henry and June - so wonderfully messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment