3.30.2009

Here Comes the Sun, Pretty Darling




Hurray! The sun has returned. I don't think I can fully convey the impact this has on my mood. I had a very productive day in the studio - developed my renaissance-esque self portrait - according to my professor, I have a Mona Lisa smile? However, this is the man with Dragon Ball-Z hair (I have no idea how you really spell that) I also started my new assignment - its a self portrait from multiple perspectives and very abstract. We'll see how this goes...Also goofed off with my camera, as evidenced by the photo above. Sadly you can't see the best part..the shoes! All straps, and gold lining and green blue lizard. And yes...that is my grandma's scarf.
I have this thing about making my own clothes out of scarves - shirts, skirts and dresses particularly. I also wear tee-shirts as skirts all the time. I was incredibly proud of myself when I realized my scarf-dresses were way ahead of trend - think this springs BCBG MaxAzaria wrap/Grecian style. I know, I'm so cutting edge.
The cherry blossoms have also come out - beautiful but I dread the flood of tourists. Ah well, every coin has two sides. Stay fantastic darlings and pray spring comes quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment