4.07.2009

Please Pause for a Moment of Sheer Beauty











Style.com

This, my darlings, is Chanel's Spring 2009 Haute Couture. After an initial viewing, I decided to take a moment to examine the details (because this is such a better idea than actually writing my thesis). Let me first say, that what I love best about couture is, not just the sheer fantasy of it all, but the amount of craftsmanship and patience that each season requires. The structure, seaming and beading must be perfection in couture by its very definition. The amount of time and effort that goes into each piece is mind-blowing. This holds especially true for Chanel's headdresses. Created entirely from white paper, these bouquets of flowers, feathers, birds and nests were sculpted by a Japanese hairstylist named Kamo and eight other artists - could you truly call them anything else? Honestly, I am in awe. This is what people mean when they say fashion is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment