4.24.2009

Learning How to Die

YOUNG WISDOM

Three children
in the back of the car
playing “bad guys.”

CHILD TWO: “I shot you. Now you are dead. Pretend to be dead.”

CHILD ONE: “How do I pretend. I’ve never been dead before.”

CHILD TWO: “You don’t know what happens when you die?”

CHILD THREE: “I know! I know!”

CHILD ONE: “What do you know?”

CHILD THREE: “I know what happens when you die. You get to come back as something different. A different spirit or something.”

CHILD TWO: “Really?”

CHILD THREE: “That’s what my mom said”

CHILD ONE: “Hmmm. My mom said you go to heaven when you die.”

CHILD TWO: “Oh. Wow. That’s not what I was thinking”

CHILD THREE: “What were you thinking?”

CHILD TWO: “I just meant you close your eyes and stick out your tongue.”

- Dallas Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment